How To Cook Barley Drink
Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until chewy and tender, 55 to 60 minutes.
How to cook barley drink. The kitchen also smells nice when cooking with pandan. You can reserve the grains to use in a barley salad, smoothies etc. Use cold water so your barley doesn’t cook too early and lose any of its flavor.
In a large soup pot, add all the ingredients. Barley water ranks high in the category of healthy beverages because it is loaded with essential nutrients. Dash of salt (optional) directions:
Add a generous pinch of salt if desired. Bring the pot to a boil, keeping an eye on it because it may become foamy at first and boil over. Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon jaggery or honey, and ½ teaspoon black salt.
Stir the barley with a spoon or with your hands to ensure all of the grains are rinsed. Pour 3 cups of fresh water to a pot or cooker. Top up more water whenever needed during simmering.
Then, leave the barley to sit for 15 minutes so it can absorb excess water. Heat the water and pearl barley in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Store in refigerator for up to 1 week.
Top up more water whenever needed during simmering. Brown sugar, rock sugar or candied winter melon strips to taste. May you like a plain version of barley drink too.
- How To Clean Porcelain Tile Shower
- How To Clean Roof Shingles Youtube
- How To Clean Quartz Worktops
- How To Clean Stainless Steel Grill Pan
- How To Clean Restoration Hardware Velvet Couch
- How To Clean Shark Duoclean Vacuum Filter
- How To Clean Refrigerator Coils On Bottom
- How To Clean Plastic Retainers Reddit
- How To Clean Refrigerator Coils Samsung
- How To Clean Plexiglass Without Scratching
- How To Clean Porcelain Tile Grout
- How To Clean Roof Shingles From The Ground
- How To Clean Quartz Banger
- How To Clean Refrigerator Coils Kenmore
- How To Clean Printhead Hp 6978
- How To Clean Stainless Steel Grill Parts
- How To Clean Retainers Plastic
- How To Clean Simonis Pool Table Felt
- How To Clean Porcelain Tile Before Sealing
- How To Clean Rubber Lululemon Yoga Mat