How To Catch Lake Trout Through The Ice
Regardless of where you choose to fish on the lake it is a good idea to get to the lake early and drill all your holes.
How to catch lake trout through the ice. We like to use a single treble hook rig for targeting them. If you haven’t switched over to braid yet, try it. Check around your region to find out the best places to go trout fishing, or ask local anglers where the deepest spots of your local lake are.
As mentioned before, trout are found in shallow water, it is good to target the area 4 to 10 feet under the water. Lake trout are one of the largest trophies to catch through the ice. You cut a hole in the ice with either a bar or an auger to access the water , you then drop your fishing line down through that.
Lake trout are typically caught in deep water and can easily pull 100 feet of line on their long powerful runs. Try smoke or gray shades in clear water, green lines in green water or where there is bottom vegetation. Tips on ice fishing for trout.
So get comfortable and commit to the holes in which you drilled. The added resistance of those lines (compared to super braids) allows lures to create wider circles on the drop. Choose the models over 40 inches long with some action in the tip to protect knots, but plenty of stiff backbone for setting hooks down deep.
Shane dubois was photographed holding a big lake trout caught ice fishing, but did he really make the catch? Try avoiding drilling holes throughout the day, as it can scare off the fish. As is my custom, i would jig one rod for five or 10 minutes, then lay it down, walk over to the second rod and jig it for a similar length of time.
While you can catch small lake trout through the ice, the two species of trout we will focus on in this section are brook trout and rainbow trout. The single treble hook rig consists of a 4 f t long monofilament or fluorocarbon leader, a split shot, and a treble hook. Early in the ice fishing season, lake trout can be caught in a variety of depths — typically from 20 feet to 60 feet — but often into water approaching and exceeding 100 feet deep.
- How To Get Views On Youtube Free
- How To Get Uk Netflix On Ps4
- How To Get Views On Youtube Shorts
- How To Get Viewers On Twitch Fast
- How To Give A B12 Injection To A Dog
- How To Get Your Ex Boyfriend Back
- How To Get Your Instagram Link 2020
- How To Get Verified On Facebook Business Page
- How To Get Your Stripping License In Tennessee
- How To Get Your Pilot License In South Africa
- How To Give A B12 Injection To A Cat
- How To Get To Antarctica From Nyc
- How To Get Wood Stain Off Skin
- How To Get To Mackinac Island
- How To Get To Machu Picchu Without Hiking
- How To Get Your Instagram Link On Vsco
- How To Get Uk Netflix On Firestick
- How To Get Your Period Back While Breastfeeding
- How To Get Through A Divorce With A Child
- How To Get Verified On Facebook For Free