How To Freeze Fresh Basil Pesto
Put the basil, garlic, pine nuts, and salt in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
How to freeze fresh basil pesto. Process until fairly smooth, wiping down sides once or twice if needed. You can also spoon it into an ice cube tray and freeze it. (freezing basil while it is still wet will result in freezer burn.)
Once it is frozen, plop the individual frozen pesto squares into a freezer bag and label. 3/4 cup olive oil, good. Add a drizzle of olive oil and pulse to lightly coat the leaves with oil;
Or defrost and spread onto sandwiches. Put in ziplock after solid. Remove the stems from the basil leaves.
Make the pesto as normal, but leave out any cheese in the recipe. More about that in a bit. Taste and add more salt if needed.
Line ice cube trays with plastic wrap. This will keep the basil from turning black in the freezer. By freezing basil as purée instead of whole leaves, you can easily use it for cooking later.
Once the cubes are frozen, put them in a zippered bag and pull out a cube or two as needed. Transfer the finished cubes to freezer bags and use as needed. Another handy way to freeze pesto is to pour it into ice cube trays.
- How To Become A Freelance Writer Reddit
- How To Become A Firefighter In Texas
- How To Become A Dog Trainer In Canada
- How To Become A Firefighter In Ontario
- How To Become A Dog Trainer For Service Dogs
- How To Become A Fitness Trainer In South Africa
- How To Become A Grant Writer Free
- How To Become A Freight Broker In Nc
- How To Become A Fitness Trainer In Singapore
- How To Become A Forensic Psychologist In Australia
- How To Become A General Contractor In Ontario
- How To Become A Forensic Psychologist Uk
- How To Become A Dog Trainer In Texas
- How To Become A Freelance Grant Writer
- How To Become A General Contractor In Washington State
- How To Become A Freelance Writer In India
- How To Become A Freemason In Texas
- How To Become A Developer On Roblox
- How To Become A Firefighter In Florida
- How To Become A Forensic Pathologist Uk